I decided to call the office yesterday (5-5) since I had never spoke to a Dr. in the hospital and felt that I had a lot of unanswered questions. Dr. Lupton ordered a Fetal Fibronectin test which indicates whether or not delivery will occur in the next 2 weeks. A negative result is 99% accurate, while a positive result is only about 38% accurate. We were hoping for the negative, more accurate, result (obviously). Sure enough, I got a call from the nurse this morning and it was negative!!! Hooray- now I can sign up for that Marathon next week ;)! Ha! This does mean that I will be able to continue working.
He was also able to check my cervix at that time. Fortunately, I have not started to dilate yet.
I will still see him next Wednesday with the follow up ultrasound (I saw a sign yesterday that the office just got a 3D ultrasound), so hopefully will have some more good news and pics to share...
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're just going to have to tell her to SLOW DOWN and stop messing with Mommy! ;) Well, and with Mother's Day just around the corner, she should listen too.
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers...can't wait to meet her!