Starting Friday of this weekend, my contractions really started to pick up. I had a very relaxing (non busy) weekend, so this time I can't blame it on my activity. I made it through the weekend and figured if the contractions got strong enough, I would eventually start bleeding (b/c of my previa). That is a typical nurse for ya!
After work last night (I got off at 11 pm) I went ahead and headed over to Labor and Delivery just to see what was going on. I had thought my contractions setteled down at rest. I was proven wrong. I was contracting every 4-5 minutes. The nurse paged the Dr. (Dunlop was on for Lupton) and he said to go ahead and hook me up (he didn't know I was already on and for them to give me terbutaline if I was contracting). I had a contraction and immediately got a dose of terb. Since John was home with Aaliyah, I was in that room by myself. If anyone has had a shot of terb, I am sure you can relate, but I honestly felt like an addict withdrawing from some kind of drug (and I was stuck in a room wigging on my own). That stuff is terrible- My heart rate raced up to 160 beats a minute and I couldn't sit still. I HATE that feeling and this drug. But, it did help to slow things down. Since I was still having a contraction here and there, they decided to give me another dose. Megan (a co-worker/friend) had came to my room by this point and was able to stay there with me for the second dose. The side effects are not as bad when you have someone there with you. :) Thanks Megan and Ebony! I was not contracting at all on the monitor by this point and was able to be released. I have only had about 5 contractions in the last couple hours this morning which is unusual for me.
In talking to Dunlop, he mentioned that with a complete previa and me contracting like I am he didn't seem so sure working was all that good for me. He told me that I was done with work until my next appointment with Lupton (which is on Monday) and he would let him make that decision. I am hoping for a modified schedule- atleast a day or two a week. I guess we will see then. I will keep this updated...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment