As some of you already know, I started this past Friday cramping pretty bad. I had debated calling the Dr. at that time, but decided to lay down, drink a ton of water and wait it out. After about an hour the cramping had stopped. I decided to hold off on calling the Dr.
I was fine until Sunday night when it started again. I laid down, drank water and it got better in a few hours.
Today when I woke up, I felt fine. Only a few contractions with no pain(which I have had for a while now). After talking to a friend/co- worker she told me how ignorant I was being, that I should know better, etc, etc and that I needed to talk to a Dr. I finally made the call. They told me that they wanted me to go to Labor and Delivery to be monitored a little closer.
Glad I called (thanks Megan)- they hooked me up and the nurse said I was having quite a bit of "irritability" with contractions. The baby's heart rate looked fine. The nurse gave me a shot of Terbutaline which slowed the contractions. They discharged me a few hours later and told me no work until at least Thursday and as much rest as possible. If I start the cramping/ contractions again, I will need to be seen prior to my Dr. appt with Lupton that is scheduled for next Wednesday and probably a more strict bedrest. I will continue to update...
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment