Today we are 28 weeks and 3 days. We had our ultrasound done yesterday and they said she weighs about 2 pounds 12 ounces now. John (determined it's a boy) had them check for the 4th time now to determine the sex... It's still a girl! :)
We received both good and bad news yesterday. The good news is that my placenta and baby continue to grow at the normal rate. The antibodies my body produces haven't taken over at this point yet. The bad news is that I am still a complete previa (my placenta is completely covering my cervix). The ultrasound tech and Dr. Lupton said that the chances of it moving at this point are very slim. The main concern with previa's is that babies are not to be born vaginally (since the placenta would be delivered before the baby). Since I was already planning on having a repeat c-section, this is not a concern to me. After doing some research last night, it seems to be common for most people to be put on bed rest early on for bleeding episodes. They said that 10% of people make it to term without having any bleeding episodes. Some related the bleeding to contractions, while other sites said it comes with no warning signs at all. Let's hope I am in the 10% that make it to term with no problems. Maternal hemorrhage at delivery is also a concern. Since I am on the Lovenox, I have a few questions that I will bring up at my next appointment.
I have split my days up at work so I am not doing my three 12 hour shifts in a row. I think this is very helpful. I do still continue to contract when I'm up and moving and occasionally at rest. Nothing painful. Dr. Lupton says to call if I have more than 5/ hour and they will hook me up over in Labor and Delivery to see what is going on.
I will see him again next Tuesday for a repeat Fetal Fibronectin to make sure that still comes back negative. I will try to post a few pictures later on from our ultrasound. They did not do the 3D so they are not anything too exciting...
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment