Tuesday, June 16, 2009

33 weeks and 1 day

Hooray... we've made it to 33 weeks (and I've officially made it to all of my baby showers...still preggers!!) Everyone was worried since I went so early last time that they decided to set the shower dates a little earlier this time around! :)

I have kept myself very occupied on "semi-bedrest" and haven't really ever felt bored yet. It's amazing all the things you can do while sitting. :) I have had a ton of visitors which has been very nice! Thanks EVERYONE!! It has also been nice to spend a lot of time with just Aaliyah this summer before baby.

I had my final baby shower this weekend for my mom's family/ sisters/ friends/ John's stepmother (all the way from Michigan). Thanks to everyone who had it for me and who came- it turned out great and I (once again) got so many wonderful things. Addelyn is a very lucky baby and has way more than she will ever need.

We got all of our baby furniture last week (HUGE thanks to John's dad) and I have been able to finish the nursery (with the exception of hanging a few things on the wall). It looks really great and is completely baby ready :)

I had a Dr.'s visit today. Dr. Lupton is out of town so I saw one of the nurse practicioners. She was wonderful. The one I had seen last time did not impress me much, but this one had actually looked at my chart before coming into my room! Impressive! She said Dr. Lupton should probably be talking to me about setting a date for the c-section at my next appointment. She seemed to be more with Dr. Platt and didn't think that delivery at 36 weeks would be a bad idea vs the risk of me bleeding when I do start to dilate. I think Lupton is more on the conservative side and wants to wait until 38-39 weeks. I guess we will see...

I have been having some cramping (not contraction-like cramping) off and on. She said this is semi-normal at this time, but to continue to look for any signs of blood. She seemed very happy that I have made it to this point with no bleeding yet.

I have a repeat ultrasound and Dr. appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. They will be checking the position of my placenta again and checking to make sure Addelyn continues to grow. Will update after that appointment and will try to post pics of the baby shower and the nursery soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment